Thursday, December 16, 2010

Goodbye Grandpa

I spent the day saying goodbye to this man today.

Merrill Edward Leutung




He lived 89 full years.
He married twice, had two children, one grandchild, and two great-grandchildren.

He survived World War II.

He loved the Missouri Tigers and hated onions.
He made it into Missouri's Bowling Hall of Fame.
He was very proud of his ability to kick a bad smoking habit, a dangerous drinking habit and 3 previous bouts with cancer.

He was successful, involved, and extremely generous.
He was strong and stubborn and loved me fiercely.

So... I can't figure out why I can't stop crying. It's selfish, I guess. I hate change, I hate goodbyes, and I hate knowing he will miss sharing his 89th birthday with his great grandson next week.





Thank you for everything, Grandpa. I love you too.

2 comments:

Erin Murphy said...

Kera,

Thinking about you and all your family during this hard time. I know how much your Grandpa loved you, and that is something to keep with you during this hard time. I sure do love you.

Erin

L Garcia Muro said...

My prayers goes out to you and your family. God bless you.

www.marriagewithgod.blogspot.com