Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful

It is no secret that Eden's favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. She will tell anyone who asks. In fact, she gets especially perturbed by early Christmas decorating and feels as though there aren't enough Thanksgiving celebrations and decor options. It's pretty funny, and although I laugh about it, I'm internally proud that she chooses gratitude over costumes and presents.

As we were driving home from playgroup one day, she wanted to tell me about her "thankful art", as she called it. I am driving, so she describes the turkey she made and says that she wrote all of the things she is thankful for on each feather. As she reads them to me, she says, "I'm thankful for August (written completely backwards), Mimi, Chaco, Grammy, Pops, the cruise, and most of all, I'm thankful for myself." :)

That's right, Eden Raine, I am most thankful for YOU too!




August was pretty proud of his thankful art too!





1 comment:

Erin Murphy said...

ah hahahaha I am most thankful for her too! Also, I love August shirt in the pic - it is the Auntie shirt, I know it!