Sunday, December 14, 2008

Movie Stars for a Day

The same day Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel shopped at REI unnoticed - Brian, Eden and I were followed by a camera all morning in Downtown Denver. Now we know exactly what it feels like to be them... and we ate it up!



I have been meaning to get some good pictures taken of our family ever since Eden's transplant. I guess I wanted to mark the event with an 8x10 frame just as you do with the change of season or start of a new school year. So every time I see it I will remember to stop and appreciate the great miracle that has happened to us. Believe it or not, I forget sometimes. (Isn't that great?!) Of course, I am reminded with an alarm that tells me it's time to give Eden her medicine... and with the weekly clinic appointments... and every time I leave the house and say to myself, "keys - check, phone - check, hand sanitizer - check." But somewhere, in between those reminders, I have noticed moments of just having a normal* kid. A wonderful, beautiful, wild, funny kid who cares much more about running silly through the streets of Denver than indulging us in a smile towards a boring camera. (No offense Lori** :).






























*I use the term "normal" here more loosely than I typically would feel comfortable, but give me a break, it's late and you know what I mean.
**Lori K was our very generous and patient photographer. She's just getting started, but I think she did a phenomenal job considering her subjects. Check out her blog... lorikphotography.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing such gorgeous pictures, it looks like you all had a lot of fun.

love,
Aunt Beth