Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Confession



Please Megan (Riley-Poindexter), forgive me, for I have sinned.


"So here it goes... Eden, as you know, has had some crazy feeding issues in her short little life, starting with a lack of interest in breastfeeding/bottles/formula. We finally found a bottle and specialized formula combination that she would tolerate by the time she was about 9 months old. I told myself that I would never take away the bottle/formula as long as she was eating and growing. Boy did I regret those words!


Finally, for the last year or so, we have been ever so slowly inching her off the need for the bottle (because, frankly, it is VERY socially unacceptable at 3 years old) and formula (because, frankly, it is VERY expensive ~ $10 a day). Let me repeat that... her formula cost us roughly $10 a day, for years... well, until I found it at Wal-mart.


Here comes the confession...


For some time now, I have been purchasing Eden's formula for almost a dollar less at "the enemy" and I feel the need to apologize for these selfish actions. (Sometimes it would go on sale for $4 or $5 less and I would buy them out of stock!) In the beginning, I would wear a hat, go at odd hours, and dash in and out with my loot. (By the way, the "hippie alarm" never went off. I was totally expecting some overhead announcement about my presence, but they didn't really seem to care...)


Anyway, like I said, in the beginning it was just quick trips. Then, I started looking around. Cheap diapers here, cute craft paper there... and it got completely out of hand. In fact, I would hide the Wal-mart bags from Brian until the debit card notices totally ratted me out!


Now, I am happy to say, I am in Wal-mart recovery. Eden has given up that nasty, devil conjuring formula and bottle - yay! - and I will be clipping coupons to find my deals elsewhere. "


Whoo! I feel a hundred pounds lighter!




(P.S.S. I realize that there are many sides to the "Wal-mart argument" and understand that they have made some improvements to their controversial practices. However, my friend Megan witnessed the disruption of small town businesses first hand. She is an avid boy cotter and who I think of as I walk in those doors.)




The point is: NO MORE BOTTLES!!


No comments: