Sunday, February 27, 2011

33 years young

It is no secret that Brian (and his sister, Erin) LOVE birthdays. His mother created one tough act to follow and every year I find myself thinking of another tradition to add to our long list of Murphy-family-birthday-must-haves.

1. A homemade birthday banner:


2. Breakfast in bed:
(This picture was actually taken during tickle fest the night before.)


3. Gifts.
(These are the adorable mugs that Eden made... with a little help... which held the chai tea Brian was served in bed.)


4. A family outing - this year we went swimming.
(One kid LOVED it and one kid HATED it!)


5. Dinner out! (My personal favorite :)


6. And, of course, a homemade cake!
In Brian's case it is always Grasshopper ice-cream pie.

(not pictured... it was melting!)


Needless to say, tomorrow I will be resting up for the next big birthday in our house. Boy do we have a celebration planned for this girl and after watching the Oscars tonight, I am in the mood for a movie night to remember! I just hope our little movie star can handle the attention.


1 comment:

Beth said...

It looks like Brian had another birthday to remember, surrounded by family, fun and food. I'm guessing that Eden's birthday will have the same elements but on a "we're going to have sooo much fun" 5 yr old level.

Happy Birthday to all the celebrants.....now, let's eat cake!