Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Balancing Act


The 5th week (post-transplant) has come and gone, as well as our fifth round of family help. It was hard to say good-bye to my aunts Lois and Karen today. Not only because they are such wonderful work horses, but also because I am offically alone for a couple of days. Brian is in Crested Butte for work.... so the true test begins.

Will we survive?

Well, Eden has re-entered a very needy phase of her healing process. It luckily seems to come and go. She hasn't been sleeping very well (we were up 3 times last night!) and doesn't like me to leave her sight. On the positive side... her clinic visits remain encouraging. She is down to 3 medications (2 immuno-suppressants to prevent reject and 1 for her blood pressure) and vomitting much less.





Chaco has also made our lives a bit more complicated. His never healing ear has required numerous staples, 4 trips to the vet, 3 medications, and he has even ripped his way out of 2 e-collars. Handicapped or not, he remains the best frisbee catcher in the west.





None-the-less, we keep moving forward. In fact we are now headed out for a run. This should improve the moods of us all! I am also vowing to let a few things go around the house. Since I have never intended to nominate myself for "mother of the year", I will let you in on my plan for the next day or so...





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kera,
I loved the Chaco picture---I guess when it rains it pours!! :) Thanks for all the great updates, Matt & I really like to read them. Glad to hear Eden is doing well!!