Saturday, September 13, 2008

A bump in the road - More prayers please


As if Eden's body wasn't busy healing enough, she is now mending a sore leg.
If you recall my previous entry... where I mention some anxiety about caring for two sick "children" alone (and even regard myself as the 'not so perfect' mother)... my worst fears came true. In only a matter of hours after my aunts left, Eden managed to fall off of the couch! In my presence no less!! This seemingly insignificant event turned into a transplant clinic visit, a pediatrician eval, and then an x-ray yesterday. Luckily there was no fracture found, but Eden does continue to have a dramatic limp and seems to be in pain. I say "seems" because she will not tell us that there is pain nor will she identify a location. In fact, she is very adamant about not having an owie. She will limp away from me saying, "no owie, mommy, no hospital". She is one smart cookie! Unfortunately, her strong will is enabling us to understand what she is feeling, where it is, and how we can help fix it.
I realize that we have already asked all we can of you, however, if you could squeeze out any extra healing energy we would really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kera, Brian and Eden: Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday and Sunday. So sorry about you new owie, Eden. Are you letting people sign your cast?
Kera: don't beat yourself up so much. Kids and transplants don't come easily nor with instructions. I'm sure you are the very best mom a child could have. And I'm sure Brian is the best daddy too.
I've been following your progress and enjoying this blog. You are doing a great job of keeping everyone informed.
My family, friends and parish were happy to hear "the little 2-yr old" they are praying for got her new heart and is doing well.
See you soon.
Love, Joy (Jack's friend)