Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Question number 4



Is Eden toilet-trained?


Oooooo, how I wish I could say yes! Alas, I cannot. I am probably the worst potty-trainer ever because I don't care as much as I should. Well, that's not exactly true, but we've had a few other issues that have taken precedence lately. There is no rush to be trained for looming preschool and she seems to do well as long as I constantly remind her. But I guess she is not technically "toilet-trained" if her parents are the ones who provide the opportunity. As Amanda said to me recently, "congratulations, you are now potty-trained." And she is right. I would venture to say that Eden is pretty darn close... well, sorta close.


However, if you offer an incentive... Eden is willing to negotiate. Maybe. Edible incentives were never very enticing - toys only slightly better - and then she discovered BUBBLE GUM! This kid will do just about anything for bubble gum. Today, she was working so hard, I was worried she might loose a kidney in the pot!


Now I am in the market for one of these:


(Christopher Stott)

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is hilarious. It's just one more indication to parents that bribery has its place in the overall scheme of things. Wait 'til she wants to stay out later than you think she should! I really love these updates,keep them coming!!

Mom/Susan/Grammy