Saturday, August 22, 2009

First photo




Eden came with me to my last OB appt.


(In fact, she went to the doctor with Brian that same morning and was very excited that mommy and daddy were seeing doctors and not her. Can you blame her?)


Anyway, we were given a bonus viewing of the baby - a 3D ultra-sound - which was pretty hard for her to understand. As they squirted the gel on my belly, she said, "are they doing an echo of the baby?". She is pretty familiar with ultrasounds of the heart (echocardiograms), but wasn't quite sure why they would do this to mommy's belly.


We were given copies to take home and later that night she was very proud to show our dinner quests. She grabbed the photo off the fridge and said, "the picture didn't come out too well, but here is my new baby brother or sister."


She couldn't be more thrilled to be a big sister. I must admit that the difficulty I am having with this pregnancy (i.e. being scared to death of health problems) is sure lessened when I see how much this new baby is pleasing Eden.

No comments: