Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The week that changed our lives...


As I told some friends tonight.... sometimes it feels like 10 years have past since Eden's heart transplant, and other times, just 10 days. Life hasn't been easy peasy, but boy, what a difference a year can make! I am not typically a proponent of living life in one year intervals. I would like to say that living day to day (or hour to hour) is much more ideal and better for my mental health. But humor me while I look back to a year ago...


Eden's changes:


Weight then - 21lbs; now - 26lbs


Height then - 30in; now - 35in


Face and belly then - swollen with water weight; now - lean, lean, lean


Primary source of nutrition then - bottle w/ formula; now - butter, chocolate, and mac 'n cheese :)


Hours of sleep in a day then - 15-17; now - 12 if we're lucky!


Endurance then - minimal; now - endless


Medicines then - 5 a day, up to 3 times; now - only 2.


Vomiting then - several times a day, especially while eating; now - rarely


Attitude then - compliant; now - dare I say... defiant!



No comments: