Sunday, February 7, 2010

The funny things she says



teach her to drive:

Mornings are a little rough around here. I usually stumble into Eden's room with forced motivation to get her ready for school. Sometimes I just crawl into her bed and catch a couple more minutes of sleep. One of these mornings, Eden rolled over and said, "Mommy, I can dress myself and make my own breakfast; if you would just teach me to drive you won't have to wake up." Tempting, Eden, tempting.

turn off the TV:

On the night of Lost's season premier, I sent Eden upstairs to prepare for bedtime. The time obviously got away from me because, the next thing I know, Eden is yelling at the top of the stairs (in her biggest "mommy" voice), "Mommy, it's time to turn off the TV and put me to bed!"


princess or queen:

Eden over heard me explaining to a friend that she has not shown much interest in the "Disney princess phenomenon" like other girls her age. At one point in the conversation, my exact words were "Eden doesn't want to be a princess" and she chimed in to say, "I don't want to be a princess; I want to be the QUEEN".



Here's a picture of my Dancing Queen.