Friday, February 26, 2010

Month Two... little Roo



Dear August, you turned 2 months old this week and I can't believe how fast the time is going. Although this last month has been a whirlwind, I am consciously soaking it all in - rather - I am DEVOURING every moment and savoring the little things as to not waste a second with you. Your MeMe (my mom) makes fun of me because she thinks I can't leave your side... and she's right... luckily you are just as smitten for me.

You have changed so much in the last month. The most obvious is your stellar growth! At your two month appointment this week, your weight and height were 50% and 75%, respectfully. It literally took my breath away and has
almost made all of this breastfeeding misery worthwhile. You are easily wearing 3 month clothing. You've outgrown the bassinet and moved into your crib. You are even growing out of the need to be held all of the time (right when I discover your love for all things sling or pouch-like... hence your newest nickname... Roo).

You've also found your voice and are making the cutest sounds... like "Aah Oooh" which Eden says is your name and she finishes it with a "Gust"... and "Haaie" which Eden responds with a "Hi!" . You are sleeping better at night, including one glorious "all nighter", and becoming a bit more predictable. This added sleep has created many more smiles around the house, but none that compare to your full face, open mouth grin. Speaking of your smiles, I was told that they weren't "real" when they began because it was much too early for a baby to be capable of reciprocal smiling at 17 days old. Well, you never stopped and they were obviously wrong. Eden's infancy taught me to be grateful for the little things, so I probably won't ever be as appreciative of advanced reading/writing/or arithmetic like I was of you being an advanced smiler.

Your hair is a consistent topic of conversation. It is still dark, although, the new blond roots are very suspicious. It is also quite long and wild, much like a mad scientist, but when wet it curls into tight ringlets. Oh the possibilities of your future "do". Your eyes are still bluish/gray (I was hoping for one green-eyed kid!), your fingers are long (basketball or piano player... humm?), and your butt dimple (sorry, was that a secret?) is an obvious family trait as it is a perfect match to your sister's.

...Oh, I could go on and on kid... until next month. Thanks for letting me be your mom. It is such a pleasure.

P.S. Happy Birthday Aunt Dana!! We love you.

No comments: