Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Goodbye August

Although I love you, I am happy to say farewell.

You start out so hopeful.
You have given our family a time to celebrate and cherish life.
You provide a time for vacation.
You smell of backyard barbecues.
You harvest some of the year's best fruits and vegetables.
You mean camping, concerts, and yard sales.
You are warm and light and happy.
For goodness sakes, we named our second born after you!

And then....

I remember I am SOOOO allergic to you!
You make me sneeze, itch, cry and swell up.
I am so happy to be done with you (except when I see pictures like these...).







Goodbye August, you are so bittersweet.


Thanks to Scott Dressel-Martin and his talented eye. We were so very fortunate to run into him at our last visit to the Denver Botanic Gardens.


3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - Eden is such a beautiful child! She is looking older these days - not quite as old as her 20 year old mind of course, but not a 'little girl' either. Hope September eases your allergies while still providing some warm days for family BBQs and some pool time.

Beth said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures of Eden. They make me smile just looking at them.

Eden Raine Murphy said...

Ah thanks, me too! We really lucked out that day.