Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The back-to-school count down... D Day

First Day of School, D = Delightful

I didn't plan to take pictures because I didn't want to interfere with the delicate balance of Eden's emotions. As it turns out, she was high spirited and full of energy. She had an amazing drop off (which is usually the problem) and transition. Wheeeeeew! We were so relieved.

All of these things crossed my mind:
"Of course, she did great. We did everything right!"
"She is so old and mature now."
"Maybe it actually wasn't so bad last year."
"What was I worried about?"



Second Day of School, D = Dreadful... Disaster... Drowning in tears

I don't even know what to say. I have felt so Defeated all day. I guess we should have explained a little better that she would continue to go to school after the big First Day. For now, our plan is to keep a smile on our faces and never ever speak negatively about her preschool experience. (And we've got a few more tricks up our sleeves when and if they are needed.)

Thanks for all of your support this last week. I know you've been cheering her on too. Oh, and if you think of it, at about 8:15am (mountain time) we could use all the positive energy you can spare.



1 comment:

Erin Murphy said...

Oh no!!!! What happened? Poor Eden (and you).