Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Elephant in the room

August has had a never-ending, reoccurring, no good, nasty cough for about 7 months. Luckily, he is the happiest sick baby on the planet (except when you try to give him medicine!). It was all very bearable until he added several new symptoms this week - like vomiting so much that his car seat was dripping.

Here are a few images of the first three seconds of a 30 MINUTE breathing treatment:


"You think these bags are going to distract me?"


"I prefer to chew on this part, thank you"


"Now I'm starting to get angry!"

This session ended with every tube and strap ripped off at least once and medicine all over the floor. I just hope he is getting enough in his system to make it all worthwhile.

P.S. This ordeal is to be repeated three times a day.

P.S.S. Did I mention the two other meds we are choking down his throat? Who invented the dissolving tablet for babies?

P.S.S.S. Now imagine chest x-rays.

No comments: