Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Question number 3

When does Eden get her cast off....finally?


I am happy to announce that Eden is officially cast free! We are 5 hours + and going strong. I have to admit that I was a bit anxious tonight. She even watched a movie and drank her milk on the floor before bed - as to avoid any spontaneous falls, of course. Come on, you can't blame me after her last 4 hour interlude between appendage breaks!


She did come home with a removable splint to wear while playing or being active. They actually couldn't find a splint that was small enough so the doctor rigged her old cast with mole skin and velcro. You should of seen her eyes when he pulled that "bye bye cast" out of the trash. 100% betrayal. She actually said, "no way mommy!", but soon got over it when she figured out she could even slip it off without undoing the velcro. So much for protection.


Answer to question 3b: No news yet on her bone density. We were given differing opinions by her doctors (surprise) as to it's testing necessity. However, I am way too obsessive (surprise, surprise) to "wait and see". So...we are having extra blood drawn on Friday at her regular cardiac clinic appointment. We have been told that the medication she is on would not cause bone weakness and if it did, she hasn't been taking it long enough to have an effect. Cross your fingers for good news!


I have no pictures yet of her new beautiful right arm. I guess I was afraid to jinks it. I will take some tomorrow and post. For now, here is one of the "dancing queen" pre-cast (arm and leg). Enjoy!



No comments: