Friday, March 13, 2009

The forgotten birthday


Brian turned 31 years old on February 27th.

We weren't able to celebrate with him because he was working in Jordan at the time. We did talk on the phone, Eden sang to him, and he spent the day floating in the Dead Sea - not so bad, huh? I still felt badly for missing an opportunity to honor him, even though we gifted and dined the night he came home. So while he was away, I thought and pined over a unique way to wish him a happy birthday... I came up with this card and the following written inside:





Dear Brian,

31 things I love about you, for your 31st birthday:

1. I love your independence and your strong sense of self
2. I love that you are still able to include Eden and I so well in your life
3. I love to watch you with Eden, you are such a wonderful father
4. I love that you still try to sing and dance with Eden even though it’s not really your thing.
5. I love how much you love your family
6. I love how well you keep in touch with your friends
7. I love the way you take care of me
8. I love how you can look into my eyes and know if something is wrong
9. I love how much you teach me and push me to be better
10. I love your intelligence and thirst for knowledge
11. I love that you are always “in the know” – news, weather, and entertainment to mention a few.
12. I love that in times of difficulty you are driven to work harder and be better
13. I love your ability to stay positive (especially when I am freaking out) – you are always the optimist
14. I love that you can multi-task (like no other man can)
15. I love how handy you are around the house
16. I love your love of music, literature and art
17. I love your sense of wonder and adventure
18. I love the way we met – I still look at you sometimes and think… you’re that guy from Bolivia!
19. I love how well we travel together
20. I love it when you speak Spanish
21. I love your appreciation for the mountains
22. I love your need for exercise and your interest in caring for your health
23. I love how much you love the Earth
24. I love your conscience and need to do the right thing
25. I love your sense of style
26.
27.
28. -> These five are for Brian only.... :)
29.
30.
31. And last but not least, Eden says she loves you “cause he plays with me”. We both love your playfulness.

P.S. I love it that I had to work to confine my list to just 31.

XOXO,
Jane (and I love it that you call me this)



--- I questioned whether or not you would care to read this, but decided in the end, that you are checking this blog because you care so much for Eden. There is no doubt that Brian is one of her greatest fans. He works so hard and definitely deserves some credit. Don't you agree?

No comments: