Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jet Set!



photo by: Vincent Khoury Tylor



You may remember from an earlier post (months ago!) that I mentioned Brian and I really need a vacation. I asked for suggestions and though I wasn't so good at replying to you all, I did truly appreciate the help.



After much debate - believe me, this hasn't been easy -


Brian and I are headed to................



drum roll please ..............





HAWAII!




Can you believe it?! We are still in shock. I have never really seen myself as a Hawaii vacationer, kinda like I've never seen myself going on a cruise. As you know, Brian and I met in Bolivia, we speak Spanish, and we enjoy the Hispanic culture. We tend to be drawn towards service rather than relaxation. Vacation most usually requires a backpack not a fancy roller bag. And a rental car? Well that is just unheard of! I guess there isn't a large bus crammed with natives that we can catch to and from Hana?



Nonetheless, we are thrilled... more than thrilled! This will be a new kind of adventure and it won't take much to convince me to lay on the beach and enjoy a hotel with hot showers and hospitality.



Now I've just gotta figure out a way to keep Brian's computer at home...




No comments: