Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lo Hisimos!

We Did It!








I successfully defended my thesis last Thursday! Yeah! After five years - 2 yrs of course work, 2 years repaso ('break' in Spanish), and 1 year of thesis writing- I finally finished my master's of science in Public Health. I can not take all of the credit, however, as I was definitely not alone. Many family members, friends, classmates, and former teachers were by my side the entire way. After presenting my paper and sweating bullets through the questions, I stepped out of the room for my committee to decide my fate. To my surprise, Brian was outside waiting (even though he was specifically asked not to come) and I was SO happy to see him. I fell into his arms and would have cried if I didn't have to go back into the room again. Instead... Dora came to mind. If you have watched Dora the Explorer as much as I have lately, you will understand how I could parallel her adventures with my last 5 years. Here's my own version of her celebratory song...


We Did It! We Did It! We Did It! Hooray!
We made it through the classes even after Eden's birth...
We did it, we did it, we did it, hooray!
We found some data and wrote until her transplant....
We did it, we did, it, we did it, hooray!
We started again and defended in the end...
We did it, we did it, we did it...
Hooray!

(Thanks)

No comments: