Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer is coming...




(Couldn't get her to keep the undies on!)


Wow! You would think we have been to Hawaii and back with my blogging absence as of late, but we don't leave until Thursday. Nope... we've just been enjoying life around here as it starts to warm up. I do have plenty of pictures to catch you up... Brian and Eden took a special trip to Washington for Mother's Day while I went on my family "girl's" trip. Eden had a blast with Brian's friends and family - and we are hoping it was a nice prep for being away from the both of us for seven days.



I am soooo nervous to leave Eden for a week! This is a girl who hasn't been away from us longer than a day or so since we counted her age in months. I want her to be happy. I want her to be safe. I want her stay healthy. I want her to sleep and eat well. And mostly, I want her forget we even exist (just for a week). I know most parents would want to be missed and therefore feel loved or needed, but truthfully, this vacation is about being needed a little less and allowing for some independence (for both her and I!).



We are leaving Eden here in Denver with her nanny, Nicole. It was a hard decision to make as it seems so obvious we should be leaving her with family. Unfortunately, our reality doesn't include grandparents nearby. And fortunately, Nicole and her family (who are nearby) are wonderful people who love Eden very much. They have known her for two years, seen her through health struggles and a heart transplant, sleep overs and swim dates, birthday parties and lunch dates. They have opened their doors to her many times and now are allowing her to stay for a week. We are grateful to have them.... and yet, still a little nervous to say goodbye. She'll be fine, right? Please say Yes!

No comments: