Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home from Paradise



Brian and I had a bitter-sweet return from Hawaii. Luckily, Eden was drawing us home, otherwise I don't know how we would have ever left!



We had a wonderful vacation in every way. It still surprises me how well it all went. Most importantly, Eden survived without us - more than survived, she thrived! - and Brian and I learned that we still really do love each others company (you start to wonder after sharing yourself with a child and her many needs).

To summarize:
Hawaii is amazing!! Why on earth was I so hesitant?

We had perfect weather,



stayed in a beautiful resort,



ate some phenomenal food,



relaxed on the most spectacular beaches I've ever seen,



even fit in a little adventure.





And we slept like babies!



Likewise, Eden was on a vacation of her own.

She was pampered at the spa,



ate like never before (even with chopsticks!),



swam,



danced,



played,



and crashed at the end of each day.



Boy was she full of stories on our drive home.

Plug for the Cito's:
Nicole and her family went above and beyond in caring for Eden. They welcomed her into their family and loved her like one of their own. They gave her a week that she can't stop talking about and wouldn't accept any sort of payment. I tear up when I think of their amazing generosity... all because they believed Brian and I deserved a break. We will be thanking them forever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We loved the Hawaii pics--glad you had a good trip!