Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who's The Boss? Dr. Rubin

Eden and I have been battling over our "positions" in the family lately. She is quite certain that she should be in charge and with her growing negotiation skills, she is starting to convince me (not really).

I shed a few tears with her pediatrician last week. Can you believe that I actually made an appt. for parenting advice? It sounds a little pathetic, I guess, but if you knew Dr. Rubin, you too would be visiting him as much as possible. As you can imagine, he has gotten to know our family pretty well over the last three years. This was not the first time, nor will it be the last, that I go see him for a parenting boost of confidence.

Eden has never had the typical childhood illnesses. In fact, she has only taken an antibiotic once (a couple of months ago), so he very rarely even prescribed medicine. Doesn't sound much like a doctor?... oh, he's much more! He talked me through Eden's first days in the hospital, he listened while I complained about her multiple feeling issues, and he hugged me while I cried waiting for genetic testing results. I always left his office convinced that I could take care of Eden (for at least another couple of weeks).

This time I left his office with more than just a hug and a swing in my step. I am now armoured with the 1,2,3's of discipline... Watch out Eden, Mommy's back in charge! Now where's my camera?











--- Photos by Eden Raine ---

No comments: