Thursday, February 5, 2009

Grand Imagination



One thing I failed to mention in my last post... well, two actually. Eden's new imaginary friends. Look closely. They're there, sitting on those two chairs. Don't you see them? Say 'hi' to Shala and Fozzy.


I know this is great and wonderful and all that, but I am having a hard time. I am just not that creative or imaginative I guess. I am way too literal. I see life like a scientist. And mostly I blame myself for Eden's need to make up playmates. If I did a better job of parenting she would be more fulfilled. If I weren't so scared to have more kids she would have siblings to play with. Or the best yet... if I did a better job of being pregnant she wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place and then she could actually play with all the kids on our street. (Whoa... that was a good one!)



Well, Eden has picked up on the fact that I don't quite get the imaginary friends thing. She mostly leaves me out of it. But I have caught on to a couple of their conversations and it really does amaze me. They go to "school" together, they go on adventures, they color and "work". They even argue! How is it that imaginary friends have separate opinions? Am I supposed to make her share with them too?



I should say that I will be forever grateful for Eden's uniqueness. She continues to broaden my mind and make me laugh. Who knows if she is this way because she's 3 (almost), has some unknown syndrome, or has lifelong health complications. At this point, it doesn't matter anymore. One thing is for sure, she is the one and only Eden Raine.




3 comments:

Erin Murphy said...

Kera My Love,

SO many kids have imaginary friends, this is so normal it's great! Where she came up with the names is pretty interesting though. Shala?? Don't give up on the sibling thing just yet!!

Love you all,
Tia

Eden Raine Murphy said...

Hey Erin,

I'm warming up to her imaginary friends, they're pretty nice actually - and quiet :). I think I was more worried about why she would need them. Am I not fun enough? Maybe you don't come to visit often enough??

Kisses from Denver!

Erin Murphy said...

I will jump on a plane today! Seriously, I am missing you guys and want to come and play - although I don't think they make a big enough snowsuit like Eden's for me! Just name the dates. I heart imaginary friends.