Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 5 - On The Move


(First Smiles)


Sorry to scare everyone with the news of Eden's fever. She is doing much better and they are now attributing the spike in temperature to a side effect of one of the immuno-supressents. Thanks for all of your concern.

On the brighter side, Eden was moved to the CPCU as expected. This move is very positive, as it means she is no longer in need of critical care. We are put in a completely private room, much like a hotel room, and given more control of her care. We have a nurse that checks vitals every four hours and otherwise Eden is disconnected from the monitors or Oxygen. She is free to wander the floor; they even have a playroom for kids. She is allowed as many visitors as wanted, although we are still trying to watch her exposure. The highlight of her day was a visit from Zander. I wish that I would have gotten a picture of her face when he walked in the door - she beamed! Their pictures below don't give this greeting much justice.

With each bit of Eden's independence, she grows happier and I more anxious. I have definitely found comfort in the monitors, personal nurses, and frequent doctor's visits - not to mention their control of the medicaiton schedule. Luckily we have a couple of days here still before she is discharged. The plan is still for her to go home on Wednesday. We will let you know how this progresses.





3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Eden how it warms our heart to see that smile! Just seeing you do so well brings tears of joy to our eyes! I bet Z was happy to see you too! Lots of hugs and kisses! Hope we can see you real soon!

Love,
The Cito's

alyssa said...

Eden, thanks for playing tonight. I had so much fun! You have a cool place there, but I hope you get to go home tomorrow! Let me know if you are bored and I'll come stop by. I made this little video for you tonight...hope it makes you laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTGhBJzMGUM

~Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of everyone! It is great to see your beautiful smile. Lots of love to all and thank you for yoru incredible updates!

Love Angela, Matt and Caden