Sunday, August 31, 2008

Speaking of Poems

Tigers




What are we now but voices
who promise each other a life
neither one can deliver
not for lack of wanting
but wanting won't make it so.
We cling to a vine
at the cliff's edge.
There are tigers above
and below. Let us love
one another and let go.


~ from Wideawake field, by Eliza Grizwold





Poem appreciation is new to me. Something recently clicked inside, I guess. This one especially speaks to me right now. It resonates so much of how I feel about Eden's new life, all of our lives really. I should mention that I didn't just whip up a quick tiger painting to go with this entry. I actually found it through a websearch and all the credit goes to Pablo Dominguez. But isn't it just awsome... in a "I want to screem until someone listens" kinda way? Great energy.

No comments: